I'm graduated, unemployed, single, and sorta lovin it.
Sure, sometimes I get the "what the fuck am I doing with my life?" question racing around in my head, but doesn't everybody have those moments of panic?
I have no obligations for once in my life. I've really been battling w/ that conflict my whole life - how much of myself should I be giving up to my obligations, and how much should I be giving up for myself?
One thing I was afraid about upon graduation was not having a job and feeling like a total failure. Didn't happen. I don't have a job and I feel... just a little bored, I guess.
And the weirdest part is how other people react to my graduation. Some say congrats, and celebrate the fact that I've dedicated two weeks of my life to absolutely nothing. Then I talk to some other people who are very gravely concerned and ask how I'm taking it.
Quite frankly, I'm taking it very well. By the end of my academic career, everything was close to meaningless. My life in school was hypothetical at best because nothing caried any real weight. By the end of it, I kept saying to myself, "Really? Theater school?"
So now I'm totally unoccupied with any obligations. I play around with Macromedia Director MX, Flash MX, Adobe Premiere, The Sims 2, and Liquid, Digits, Tuts. I'm gettin bored, so I'm interested in getting a job in computers - not so much to learn as much as to just be around more computer geeks (as opposed to theater geeks). I guess I'll just have to wait and see what comes up.
Sure, sometimes I get the "what the fuck am I doing with my life?" question racing around in my head, but doesn't everybody have those moments of panic?
I have no obligations for once in my life. I've really been battling w/ that conflict my whole life - how much of myself should I be giving up to my obligations, and how much should I be giving up for myself?
One thing I was afraid about upon graduation was not having a job and feeling like a total failure. Didn't happen. I don't have a job and I feel... just a little bored, I guess.
And the weirdest part is how other people react to my graduation. Some say congrats, and celebrate the fact that I've dedicated two weeks of my life to absolutely nothing. Then I talk to some other people who are very gravely concerned and ask how I'm taking it.
Quite frankly, I'm taking it very well. By the end of my academic career, everything was close to meaningless. My life in school was hypothetical at best because nothing caried any real weight. By the end of it, I kept saying to myself, "Really? Theater school?"
So now I'm totally unoccupied with any obligations. I play around with Macromedia Director MX, Flash MX, Adobe Premiere, The Sims 2, and Liquid, Digits, Tuts. I'm gettin bored, so I'm interested in getting a job in computers - not so much to learn as much as to just be around more computer geeks (as opposed to theater geeks). I guess I'll just have to wait and see what comes up.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home