I miss home.
I miss hangin around people who knew how to network computers like it was another human apendige. My roommates are uber geeks by nyc standards - an architect from San Fran and a Comp Sci major - but they're not familiar with sharing files over xp. The theater geek from Seattle set it up.
Like, everything's backwards out here.
I miss sleeping in a big room. Right now I'm living in a space that is taller than it is long or wide. Not that I was ever an interior designer, but I realized that my room is so small, everything is looking at me. Sometimes even my room feels like a cubicle.
I miss the meaningless pleasentries of even a Federal Way Jack in the Box. Out here, when they ask, "may I help the next customer, please," they sound like they're ordering you around. Usually they sound like they're really angry that you're not ordering faster. Sometimes I wanna respond in as deadpan as a face as I can muster, "yes, you may help me, but only if you ask politely."
I miss hangin around people who knew how to network computers like it was another human apendige. My roommates are uber geeks by nyc standards - an architect from San Fran and a Comp Sci major - but they're not familiar with sharing files over xp. The theater geek from Seattle set it up.
Like, everything's backwards out here.
I miss sleeping in a big room. Right now I'm living in a space that is taller than it is long or wide. Not that I was ever an interior designer, but I realized that my room is so small, everything is looking at me. Sometimes even my room feels like a cubicle.
I miss the meaningless pleasentries of even a Federal Way Jack in the Box. Out here, when they ask, "may I help the next customer, please," they sound like they're ordering you around. Usually they sound like they're really angry that you're not ordering faster. Sometimes I wanna respond in as deadpan as a face as I can muster, "yes, you may help me, but only if you ask politely."

2 Comments:
doooooo it! I would pay you money to ask someone that, cause i know exactly what you mean (even though i was only there a week). It's like everyone there is fed up with everyone else and they all want to go home so they treat everyone else like they're a huge inconvenience to life.
wow where did this blog come from? I miss reading about your travels.
Post a Comment
<< Home